Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer delights

woooohooo I loooove my life right now because I can do whatever I want all day long without worrying about reports or what to eat for lunch at school!

Today I borrowed DVDs from a friend of mine and watched 7episodes non-stop, and cooked a nice meal for iftar. I love Ramadhan cuz I only have to cook 1 time a day. If it's a normal day, I have to cook for breakfast, and prepare a lunch to bring to school, and after all the exhausting day I have to cook a healthy meal for dinner. huh memang penat beb but what can I do, I want to save money for my sprint vacation next year, France and Italy maybe, and cooking my own food can save a lot.

So this is what I cooked. Teryaki-like burger with cheese. I always see ads on TV and unfortunately I can't have McD's burgers here because they are not halal, so I made it myself. :)

My own version of Teriyaki-burger!
Masalanya the burger was quite big, and I couldn't not eat it without separating top parts and second part. :( I will try with thinner bun next time. 

Usually I don't eat chicken/beef much here because I am too lazy to order it through internet or to go to a halal shop at Shinjuku (well, the nearest halal shop is just a couple of stations away but I'm too lazy to find where's it the exact location), so I usually have salmons or eggs or tofu or shrimps for my proteins. But since summer here is so severe(at least for me and other Japanese here who haven't been to Sahara yet, lol) , people here will have more protein in order to give them more stamina! I know I don't really know about relation between stamina and protein but yeah, people here eat meats to survive summer! Tak puas hati then you can ask a Japanese. ;)
One of their favorite sources of protein is Unagi, or belut, or an eel. Another friend of mine happened to work at a restaurant specialized for serving eel dishes so he asked us to go there.

This is the picture.

Unagi-don or grilled eel with rice
Maybe you will think that "ish geli gellll makan belut????eeeeey tak masuk akal" but hey, kite org melayu makan keli kan? ape beza ikan keli dgn belut, lebih kurang je for me, ikan panjang, licin2 and wane hitam!!hehe
It's a fish, and whatever meat and blood in sea are halal. well, eel is in livers or ponds but whatever, it's a fish so it's halal! And it is quite good, really soft and tasty. All of us had a really good time enjoying a real, good Unagi-don.

Actually I cooked beef curry too, and it was fantasticly yummmmm! I ran out of coconut milk so I use some ordinary powdered milk. Tak sangka jadi sesedap tu fuhhh masuk bakul angkat sendiri betul. ;p but I don't wanto to post it because I realized that my blog is turning into a cooking blog or a blog about foods only.haha Maybe next time if I have no idea to blog.

5 comments:

  1. Salams dear~ thanks for visiting my blog. I love your blog so I'm following you now :D And this post make me miss McD so much T^T Before I came to Islam my favorite food is cheeseburgers from McD but since choosing to eat halal no more for me huhu I can't wait to visit halal McD and eat soooo many :D haha. So for now I make them homemade like you :P It's so hard to make same taste though =A= but your burger looks soooo yummy!!!!

    Ramadan kareem! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam.. kak shika, burger tu nampak sedap! dah lama x makan burger..nak wat sndri..hum, ntah bila la..hehe..

    wani suka unagi juga..ikan keli pun suka! tapi unagi mahal sikit kan..so jrang mkan..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahhhh bestla jadi u! so pandai masak unlike me! I only know how to burn pots n pans je T.T All of the foods featured in ur blog smua nmpk sedaaaap ai :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usagi-chan: Thanks dear<3 come to Malaysia, we have plenty of halal yummy food!

    けい:ウナギはおいしいよん♪ちょっと高いけど

    wani: ala kak shika kalah la dgn wani, wani pandai masak lauk2 melayu..huhu tu la thn ni unagi makin mahal, krisis xdpt cari anak belut katanya..:p

    nuraina: I envy you sbb u ada baaaaanyak nice clothes and begs! dah la ad biznes tudung sendiri..huhu thanks anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete