Thursday, May 17, 2012

happy teachers' day

Salam and hello, people. :)

Today was Teachers' day in my country, so I want to write a little about some of my favourite teachers.

1. Pn. Zaharah
She was my math and science teacher. When I was in junior high, math and science subjects were taught in English. At that time I just returned from Japan to Malaysia so ofcourse I didn't speak English nor proper Malay. She taught me basic things like name for animals and other basic terms in science in Malay and English. She was very kind and supportive towards my brother and me and it really helped me to keep motivated to study from zero. There were many teachers and students talked behind us, there was this one person said "why they came to this school?why not gov school? menyusahkan je" infront of my mom when she came to register us and explained about our condition. My junior high and highschool time was not that easy but alhamdulillah, there were many people who are supportive and one of them is Pn. Zaharah.
Her dishes is also amazingly nice so I love to go to her place during Eid season. :p

2. Another teacher who did a lot for me when I was in thar school is Pn. Ketina. At first I was afraid of her because she looks fierce at that time and because I can't speak any English when I was 12. My mom taught me to read but I hated to so I didn't even know what's the difference of she and he. So can you imagine how hard it was for her to teach my brother and me from a really basic stage like singular and plural, noun and verb, present tense and past tense? She did extra class every Friday in library, and never gave up to teach us. Until now I still have what she taught and I will be very pissed off when someone misuse "your" and "you're". lol!
Many teachers gave us extra classes, like Ustaz Mustaqim who taught Arabic. He was a young man and very passionate teacher, but I'm sorry ustaz, I lost my interest in Arabic because my other teachers in highschool were not as passionate as you and other ustaz ustazah in my junior high. I used to love studying Arabic (still now I'm interested in) but I guess I performed better in junior high because my teachers in junior high showed more attention and love to us. lol I loved being praised by teachers so I studied well, I didn't want to see my beloved teacher sad by seeing my bad result. haha attention seeker,


3. Pn Shazleen
She is also my English and English and Science and Technology but when I was in highschool, yes I also have my favourite teachers even though I didn't have much enjoyed it. :p I went to tagt school for only two years and when I was in form4's final exam, I skipped some of them because I was too lazy!haha I skipped Add Math and English because I hate Add Math so much. I didn't know that result for final exams are used to determine which class are you going to be next year. I was in 2nd class but for next year, I ended up to be in 3rd class. I felt so ashamed and disappointed (sapa suh ponteng exam wehhh haha) and I was always in bad mood when new semester begun. I didn't talk to anybody about my frustration, but one day Pn. Shazleen came to me and say, "Why you look sad this year? Are you not happy? Last year you smile a lot but not anymore, why?"
I was very surprised because I thought I was doing fine and nobody noticed that I wasn't ok deep inside my heart. I said no I don't have any problem but she asked me "are you sad because you are in third class? sedih ea?" and when I heard that, I almost cried because at last there was someone who noticed what I was depressed and at last I could admit that I was very sad because I had to go to 3rd class. Memang la semua org ckp klas kedua ke pertama ke tak penting la, I love my class la, I also pretended to be ok with that, pretended that I didn't mind about that. But to be honestly i wasn't ok! And I felt relieved because finally I could admit that I wasn't ok and there was someone who cared me and noticed my change.


My university teachers/Profs
I have like 25 classes each year so I met quite a lot of lecturers and it would be too long if I list one by one so I gonna make it short:
4: John Mancuso
He taught me Academic Presentation, he is really energetic and a little bit crazy (hehe sorry John!) but I can feel that he is actually a loving, caring person eventhough he doens't sounds like it. He taught me to be strong, to be brave to defend myself when I face mean person, and to enjoy this life fully! And this is first time for me to call my teacher by his name! it's unbelievable in my country.

5: Prof Hayashi
He is my seminar/zemi lecturer, I love his personality, how he speaks, his words are always organized and I never heard any unnecessary word from his mouth! He is a good example of "makin berisi padi, makin tunduk" or more you have knowledge(or more you have power) the more humble you are. He has many titles and a high positions and he is reaaaally humble! I felt so bad watching him collecting comment papers from a big hall all by himself, like he can hire a Teaching Assistant or ask students to bring papers to infront of hall but instead, he collected them one by one. I love listening to his talk because he really has a good speaking skills, it's calming and at the same time really organized and precise.

6: Prof Morimura
I never talked to him personally, I just taking his class but I loooove it! He talks about France in 17th to 18th century and even though I'm not that big fan of that era's history, but the he give lecture is really interesting.

7: Prof Suzuki
I took his politic class last semester: I didn't think for any chance that I would be interested un politics but he change me that, now I take more politic classes! He is also a very organized person, he gave us a complete handouts for each class but leave it blank where it is important. You
might think that it's childish, to fill a blank but hey I enjoy his method! It helps me keep concentrated and at least I will be more aware when he is talking about important points.

8: Greg Dvorak
He is another teacher I call by his name, so I don't know his title. ><
He gave me inspiration to keep writing, like what am I doing right now. *wink* I made many mistakes when I took his writing class, but he never said like "you are wrong because bla bla" but instead of it, he never said that my essay is a bad one or give negative comments. He accepted what ever I wrote, and this make me feel like to write more. He said that you shouldn't stop when you ate writing.





Do you have any favourite teachers? ;)

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment