Thursday, April 21, 2011

Making Nabe ~Hot Pot~

haha sebenarnya dah lama gila I buat Nabe dengan kawan2 Jepun, tapi saje je nak wat satu entry jugak. Actually it was my first time to make a Nabe myself with my friends. Nabe is a popular dish served during winter because it is easy to prepare, can eat a lot of vegs, and can make your body warm! Nabe means "pot" in Japanese. Senang cite, you can make a Nabe by pouring cut vegs, some protein like lean meat, or fish slices, fish cakes or tofu, or everything! into your favourite soup. This time I tried Kimchi flavoured nabe. We bought a packet of soup, then threw almost everything that we love! If you cannot get soup yang dah siap2 atau tak dapat cari soup2 yg halal, you can make it yourself by simple steps!

This is how to make a kimchi nabe:
You only need kimchi, sesame oil, water, a cube of chicken stock for flavour if you want, vegetables (cabbage is really nice to make a nabe), tofu and any protein I mentioned above.

I used seafoods, tofu, cabbage, eggs and mushrooms, to my kimchi nabe.


1. Put some sesami oil, then kimchi into apot. Stir them until they are warm. Macam tumis sikit la, tapi you have to put kimchi a lot, so it's not like making sambals. lol

2. Pour water into the pot. You can use some seasoning or chicken cube/stock to add some flavour. I added a small amount of soya paste and kocchujan(korean chili paste that I don't know how to spell it) this time.

3. Cook hard vegetables and proteins.

I love muchrooms!


It's not cooked yet, but nabe is nice prepared it together with your family or friends. ^^


4. When the soup is boiling, slow down the heat, and throw tofu or onion or other vegetables. You can add eggs too!

This is how it looks. You can topup soup, kimchi or other ingredient while you eat it. Just add anything you like. It's fun!


The last part is kind of important too. When you finish eating all or almost all ingredient in your nabe, you can add some rice into it to make porridge! Some people add noodles like udon, and I think you can add beehun or mee kuning if you like.

Nabe has a lot of variation, like curry flavour, soya milk flavour, tomato flavour and so on. So just try it who knows you can find a great new taste for nabe? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment