Sunday, May 1, 2011

baking

Salam, guys. ;)

Recently, I started baking. Not cakes or muffins or pies, I bake breads! I know, it's not a cute hobby compared to baking cupcakes or brownies. But it is really practical because at my place, it's quite hard to find a halal bread. I'm not saying that it there is no halal bread at all, my just hard to find and limited choice. Here, there is not so many vegetarian so products sold in stores doesn't have "V" signs indicated for foods that suitable for vegetarians consumers. Moreover, people here reaaaaally love to put lard/emulsifier made from animal fats/shortening made from animal too/alcohol to make it tastier or smell nice. Sometimes we call the company to ask about ingredient.  I haven't make a call yet, because I'm really shy talking to unknown adults. LOL  By making a bread by myself, I can really sure that it's halal!


This is my second attempt. I tried "fluffy egg bread" recipe on guidebook. I put a little bit extra yeast so it grew bigger than what I got before this time.


Memang bes dapat bangun pagi-pagi bau roti. =)


2 comments:

  1. My mum cooks bread too :D and it taste really good :D
    your bread looks taste good too :D

    Hugs, Laila

    ReplyDelete
  2. LaiLa, I'am still a beginner at baking, and really enjoy it! My mom used to bake too, I always wanted to do it myself since I was little.=D
    Thanks for visiting my blog<3

    ReplyDelete